Saturday, 20 February 2016

EMU coach 70660, Eastleigh Works, 20th March 2005

Car 70660 was built and delivered in 4-CEP unit 7205 as a TSK (Trailer Second Corridor) in December 1962, as part of Lot 30710 from BR Eastleigh, on frames built at Ashford. Refurbished as a TSOL into 1620 November 1983. This became departmental 932620 in January 1993 and was used for central door locking trials, later equipped with overhead line pantograph as part of test of the Onyx drive system for the Juniper EMU fleet, but came out of use at least by 2001, latterly the coaches were used for trial liveries. Scrapped on site by Robert Nicholas Steels in November 2005.